From a toxic chemical alert (via Anders):
Dihydrogen monoxide is an colorless, odorless, tasteless chemical that can be deadly if accidentally inhaled.
Oh great! Some other chemical we need to be worried about. Here are just some of the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO), also known as hydroxyl acid:
major component of acid rain
contributes to the “greenhouse effect”
contributes to the erosion of natural landscapes
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals
may cause electrical failures
decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
Worse, it is still legal for companies to dump this stuff in our rivers, lakes, and oceans.
So much for, “Better living through chemistry.” 😉